|Date||5 October 2013|
|Location||Bwlch Gwyn Quarry, Gaerwen, Anglesey||SH 48084 72964; 53.23191°N, 4.27744°W|
The first British car to achieve sales of more than one million, the Morris Minor was manufactured by Morris Motors Ltd from 1948 to 1972. This popular economy car was designed by Sir Alec Issigonis. The Morris Minor 1000, introduced in 1956, was the third production series, coming after the MM and the Series II.
Bwlch Gwyn Quarry (Anglesey) Ltd is listed in the 1968 fourth edition of the Road Research Laboratory’s Sources of Road Aggregates in Great Britain as a producer of epidiorite, a basalt-group roadstone. The quarry was later used by Anglesey Council contractors as a recycling site for highway maintenance waste, such as old tarmac and concrete, which was processed for re-use on roadways. The abandoned quarry is currently used by the Caernarvonshire & Anglesey Motor Club as a venue for autotest meetings.