|Date||3 August 2014|
|Location||Craig-y-Don, Llandudno||SH 80408 81695; 53.31861°N, 3.79676°W|
The farm at Bodafon was leased by Evan Jones from the Mostyn estate in 1876. Jones gentrified the original, 18th century farmhouse, which became Bodafon Hall, and converted part of the main block of farm buildings to the north and below the Hall into a new farmhouse. By the 1980s Bodafon Hall Farm was still being run by the same family and the dairy farm had a herd of 70 British Friesians. In 1993 local farmer Mark Roberts rented the farm from Mostyn Estates. As this was a difficult time for the farming industry, Roberts decided to convert it into a children’s farm park and in 1998 Bodafon Farm Park opened to the public. In 1999 the North Wales Bird Trust, which participates in an owl breeding programme, also joined the park. As well as the usual farm animals, the park is also home to llamas and red and fallow deer, and its restaurant is also used as a venue for evening functions.
Bodafon Fields is graded as high-quality agricultural land. In spite of this, however, and in the face of strong local opposition, the owners, Mostyn Estates, have admitted wanting to sell off part of the farm land for residential development. In 2011 a plot ‘suitable for 65 houses’ was included by Conwy County Council in its draft Local Development Plan.