|Date||13 September 2014|
|Location||Capel Garmon, Conwy||SH 81545 55449; 53.08307°N, 3.76996°W|
The former Anglican church in Capel Garmon was dedicated to the Welsh saint Garmon, traditionally identified with Saint Germanus of Auxerre (c 378-448) who visited Britain around 429, shortly after the Roman withdrawal. A number of previous churches occupied the site. The previous one was built in 1789 and by 1862 this had become ruinous and was rebuilt by Lancaster architect Edward Graham Paley in 1862-63. The present building was originally a chapel of ease (a subsidiary church) to Llanrwst before becoming a parish church in its own right in 1927. Ownership was transferred to the Church in Wales in 1939. The building was deconsecrated in 1994, made redundant the following year, and sold in 2006.
Acknowledgement: grateful thanks are due to Rebecca Rabjohns, Estates Officer of The Representative Body of the Church in Wales, for kindly providing some of the historical data.