4 February 2018
14 January 2018
Plans for the 7.8-hectare Menai Science Parc (M-SParc) were submitted in December 2014 with Anglesey Council granting outline permission in May 2015. The Welsh Government provided £10 million of funding with a further £10 million grant from the EU’s European Regional Development Funding allowing the first phase of the development to proceed. Construction started in 2016.
The flagship building, one of a planned total of eight on the park, was designed by Newcastle-based architects FaulknerBrowns and will provide 5,000 square metres of office, laboratory and workshop space to a number of business tenants. It is planned to open in April 2018.
The M-SParc company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bangor University.
18 June 2017
Barclodiad y Gawres restored Neolithic burial chamber (c 2500 BCE) is situated on the Mynydd Mawr headland overlooking Cable Bay, or Porth Trecastell, on the southwestern coast of the Isle of Anglesey.
The cruciform passage grave, six of whose stones are carved with geometric designs, was excavated in 1952, following which a domed concrete roof was added and the entrance passage was rebuilt.
The site is in the care of Cadw and, to prevent against vandalism, the interior is only open by appointment.