Christ Church, Glanogwen, Bethesda

Christ Church, Glanogwen, Bethesda

Christ Church, Glanogwen, Bethesda

Date

28 June 2014
Location

Bethesda

SH 62562 66747; 53.18000°N, 4.05803°W

Information

Christ Church, Bethesda was built in 1855-56 by Edward Gordon Douglas-Pennant (1800-1886), owner of Penrhyn Quarry and who, in 1866, became the 1st Baron Penrhyn of Llandegai. This Anglican church was designed by London-based architect Thomas Henry Wyatt (1807-1880), second cousin once removed of Pennant’s Agent, James Wyatt. The church was restored in 1906 and received a Grade II listing in 1997.

Further Reading

Christ Church, Bethesda (British Listed Buildings)

 

SEE MORE →

Christ Church, Deiniolen

Christ Church, Deiniolen

Christ Church, Deiniolen

Date

7 June 2014
Location

Deiniolen

SH 58357 63013; 53.14536°N, 4.11924°W

Information

Eglwys Crist (Christ Church) is a Church in Wales church situated on the edge of the village of Deiniolen. The Grade II listed building was designed by architect Henry Kennedy and was built in 1857. Its construction was funded by Thomas Assheton Smith, owner of the nearby Dinorwic Quarry, in order to provide a local church for his Anglican quarrymen, who received preferential treatment compared to their Non-conformist fellow workers.

Further Reading

Eglwys Crist (Christ Church), Llanddeiniolen (British Listed Buildings)

 

SEE MORE →