Date19 July 2021
SH 67906 75446; 53.25950°N, 3.98171°W
|Date||29 November 2014|
In the mid 19th century, Llanfairfechan was a small town lying between the scenic highlights of Penmaen Mawr mountain and Aber Falls. However, it subsequently developed as a Victorian seaside resort, becoming a tourist destination in its own right. Thanks to local landowner John Platt, Llanfairfechan got its own railway station in 1860, some 12 years after the station (which closed in 1960) in neighbouring Abergwyngregyn had opened on the then Chester and Holyhead Railway. Llanfairfechan’s station building was demolished in 1987 as part of alterations to make way for the construction of the A55 North Wales Expressway. The two-platform station is currently an unstaffed request stop managed by Arriva on the Crewe to Holyhead North Wales Coast Line and is used by around 13,000 passengers per year.