Llanddona Transmitting Station

Llanddona Transmitting Station

Llanddona Transmitting Station

Date

10 July 2015

Location

Llanddona, Anglesey
SH 58338 81392; 53.31044°N, 4.12770°W

Information

The transmitting station at Llanddona was built by the BBC in 1958 and is now owned by telecommunications infrastructure company Arqiva, which operates all the TV and most of the radio transmitters in the UK. Llanddona’s television transmitter switched over from analogue to digital in 2009. Its mast is 107 m tall and it covers most of Anglesey and large parts of the North Wales coast.

Further Reading

Llanddona (The Big Tower)