St Michael’s Church (Llanfihangel Dinsylwy)

St Michael's Church

St Michael’s Church (Llanfihangel Dinsylwy)

Date

10 July 2015

Location

Tan-Dinas, Llanddona, Anglesey
SH 58807 81487; 53.31142°N, 4.12071°W

Information

St Michael’s is a former parish church dating back to the 15th century built on the remote site of an earlier church. It is known in Welsh as Llanfihangel Dinsylwy (Mihangel is Welsh for Michael) and is situated below Din Sylwy, a 164 m high, flat-topped limestone hill near Llanddona that is also known as Bwrdd Arthur (Arthur’s Table). Din Sylwy is the location of a hill fort thought to have been created in the Iron Age and re-occupied in Roman times. The church is of a simple two-part plan, consisting of a nave and narrower chancel. It is a Grade II* listed building owned by the Church in Wales and is part of the parish of Beaumaris.

Further Reading

St Michael’s Church (Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales);
Church of St Michael, Llanddona (British Listed Buildings)

SEE MORE →

St Michael’s Church, Pentre Berw

St Michael's Church, Pentre Berw

St Michael’s Church, Pentre Berw

Date

5 October 2013
Location

Pentre Berw, Anglesey

SH 47883 73425; 53.23599°N, 4.28068°W

Information

The ruins of St Michael’s church, which dates back to the 15th century, stand somewhat isolated just to the north of Pentre Berw in Anglesey. The building was superseded in 1847 by the present Anglican St Michael’s Parish Church 1.4km to the south in Gaerwen.

St Michael’s Church (Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales)

 

CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE…